The building was erected at the edge of Dresden’s historical town center in the early 18th century, at the height of Dresden’s baroque period. It was a gift from King August to his mistress, Constantia von Cosel. Along with Dresden’s Royal Palace, connected to it by a bridge, the building was destroyed in 1945 and remained a ruin until 1992. Between 1992 and 1995, the Taschenbergpalais was rebuilt from the ground up using old plans and original materials, including the external walls, which had remained intact. The building suffered serious damage during the 100-year flood in 2002. All four basement levels and the ground floor subsequently underwent complete renovation.
- Architects: mmk architekten
- Interior designers: Büro Korb GmbH
- Technical systems: Friemel + Röhrdanz Gebäudetechnische Gesamtplanung
Credits: Hanno Schnörr, Uwe Schüdde, Ronald Hetzke